My Birthday



Yesterday was birthday! I started the day dropping off the kids at a summer class. Then I did some work and had lunch with my husband before he had to leave on a work trip. I enjoyed the rest of the day with my babies. We tried baking a cake but I forgot to add the baking powder - sign of aging right there! It is in moments like this that one really appreciates the power of baking powder. I was very disappointed and so were my kids :-( But we decided that we were going to go out and buy a nice cake to make it all better!

Since it was a hot day here in Minneapolis, we ended up at Dairy Queen. I thought that an ice-cream cake would feel more refreshing than a regular cake. The kids convinced me to let them eat chicken and fries there, so that's what they did before we came home with our cake!




My daughter wanted to wear her new biking gear while eating. That is the new "cool thing".



At the cash register, my daughter had to say: "Today is my mom's birthday and she forgot to put baking powder in her cake, so need to buy an ice-cream cake, please." Well, I guess she can say whatever she wants, as long as she smiles like that:




My son was very happy about the whole thing.



That's what eating good food looks like. Good food from his point of view, of course!


After that photo was taken he started running around until he sudlenly fell in the dirty with his mouth open. We left.

Back at home, it was finally time for cake. 


They were so excited, they made a wish and blew the candle for me.


Wooooooooowwwww!



 It was a great birthday! I am extremely thankful for another year of good health. Cheers!

Comments