Banana Chocolate Chip Bread


Growing up, the only banana cake we used to eat was Upside Down Banana Cake. It was delicious and I will share it with you at some point. It was here in the United States that I started eating what you call Banana Bread and I love it. There is a local bakery that sells a banana chocolate chip bread that is to live for! I will never be able to replicate it so I hope they never stopping making it!

Since I am not versed with how to cook banana bread, I am always looking for new recipes to try. This one I found on a blog called Chronicle Books. The recipe is from Flo Baker and it is part of the San Francisco Chronicle Cookbook. Note that I did make some changes to the recipe. But the end result was great. I could not resist and cut into it while still hot:


See the melted chocolate? That's why I cannot resist eating it hot!



This is not the last banana bread recipe I will try, but it was good. The kids loved it. 


Do you have a great banana bread recipe that you would like to share with me? Let me know! I'd love to try it!
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Ingredients
1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 1/2 cups sugar

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas)

2 large eggs, lightly beaten

1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

1 - Adjust the rack in the lower third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.

2 - Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Set is aside.

3 - Combine the banana, eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; add to the flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.

4 - Bake for 1 hour and 15 to 20 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the loaf comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn the loaf out onto a rack to cool completely.
 Slice and serve. 



Comments