Mango and Red Bell Pepper Salsa




The weather has been chilly and rainy since I arrived from Brazil a week ago. But today it was finally a gorgeous day! Bright and warm, just how I like it! One of the reasons why I can't wait for summer is the food. I am so done with the cream, the slow cooked, and earthy flavors. Don't get me wrong - I love all that stuff, but I had enough for the year! I am ready for bright, light and clean foods. 

One of my favorite ways to add color and fresh flavors to food is with salsa. Yesterday I made one my favorites: mango salsa. 







As you can see, I served it over grilled pork chops, but I also adore to eat that salsa with grilled salmon. I am always amazed by how well salmon and mango go together.







This time I added red bell peppers to the salsa for color and crunch. Sometimes I also add avocado to it (so good!). 

Feel free to adjust the amount of jalapeño and cilantro to your taste!


Mango and Red Bell Pepper Salsa

Ingredients

2 3/4 cups of chopped mango (about 2 mangos)
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped red onion
2 to 4 tablespoons chopped jalapeño pepper
1/3 to 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Whisk together the olive oil and lime juice. Set it aside.

In a medium bowl, place chopped mango, red bell pepper, red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro. Add the dressing and toss it all together. Season it with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate from 30 minutes to 4 hours. Serve.

Visualize

Whisk olive oil and lime juice together





Pour it over the chopped mango, red bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, red onion, and cilantro:





Mix it all together, season with salt and pepper, and keep it in the refrigerator until it is time to serve it.




Serve it over grilled fish, pork, or chicken.





And with chips, of course!




Comments

  1. It’s a great way to use that yummy red bell pepper when it’s in abundance. It pairs beautifully with tomato salads and onion.

    Choose a good quality, extra virgin olive oil that is rich in antioxidants which can add to the complexity of flavors achieved in this spicy pesto. I have seen some companies like
    Sheffa Foods, which are selling ready-made food products of red bell peper Salsa. This company sell some awesome natural food products too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!