Guacamole Salad



I grew up drinking avocado smoothies and had never thought of eating that fruit in a savory dish until I moved to the U.S. It was here in Minnesota that I ate Guacamole for the first time! All I can say is that I fell in love with the combination of flavors that we find in that dish and I try to incorporate it in my cooking as much as possible. This Guacamole Salad is an example of that. 

I can't have enough of the bright, fresh, and tangy flavors in this salad. I often eat it for lunch, or serve it as a side to grilled meats.

I like using mini heirloom tomatoes for its flavor and colors, but feel free to use cherry tomatoes instead. Also, to keep the avocado from falling apart, make sure you avocado is ripen but not too soft. I like to add the avocado at the very end and gently fold it into the salad. 


Guacamole Salad

Ingredients

1 1/2 cup mini heirloom tomatoes, cut into halves or quarters
1/3 red onion, thinly sliced 
1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
1 to 2 tablespoons jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
1 avocado, cut into cubes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime , juice, salt and pepper. Set it aside.

In a medium bowl place tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, and jalapeño. Add oil and lime dressing and stir to combine. Add avocado and gently mix it into the salad. Adjust salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 15 - 45 minutes for the flavors to develop. Serve.

Visualize

Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Set it aside.


Cut tomatoes:



Slice onion:


Cube avocado:



In a medium bowl place tomatoes, onion, garlic:


Jalapeño:


Cilantro:


The dressing:


Stir:


Add avocado at the end and stir:


Leave the salad in the refrigerator for 15-45 minutes so the flavors can develop and serve:


Comments

  1. Looks bright and delicious! Must be perfect as a summer salad!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!