Grilled Baby Vidalia Onions

I had noticed these lovely baby Vidalia onions at the grocery store a few weeks ago and, since I am an onion lover and the weather was great, I decided to finally buy a bunch of them to cook on the grill this weekend! This was the first time I ever cooked or ate Vidalia onions. I chose to grill it just like I do with leeks.  

First I rinse and dry them. Then I trim the some of the green parts:


Then I put them in one of those grates for grilling fish. That makes it easier to manage them on the grill, but is not required.


I cook them on a gas grill over medium heat until they are super tender and look charred on the outside:


Then I peel the outer layer:



And trim both ends:



I season it with a nice olive oil:


A squeeze of lemon juice:


And finish with some salt and pepper:


Simple and delicious. Sweet and tender. You can serve this as a side to pretty much anything! 


Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!