Dulce de Leche and Blueberry Dessert Pizza



On my last post I showed you how to easily make your own dulce de leche at home (click here for the full recipe --> Homemade Dulce de Leche). Today I am excited to share a gorgeous and heavenly way of using that sweet spread: pizza dough is baked with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt until crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Then covered with a generous amount of dulce de leche and finally topped with fresh juicy blueberries:




The salt on the pizza dough and the slight tartness of the blueberries offset the super sweet caramel like dulce de leche forming the perfect balance!

I kept this really easy by buying fresh pizza dough at a local Italian deli. Also, I cooked my dulce de leche the night before so the pizza came together in no time!



Dulce de Leche and Blueberry Dessert Pizza

You can choose how big of a pizza you want to make, or how many of them, so I am not giving specific measurements today. The pictures and instructions bellow should make it all very clear. Here is what you will need:

1 - Fresh and uncooked pizza dough: buy at a local Italian deli or pizzeria, or make it at home following your favorite pizza dough recipe. Here are some options --> Pizza Dough Recipes

2 - Dulce de Leche: make it at home! Here is my recipe --> Homemade Dulce de Leche

3 - Fresh Blueberries


Instructions:


First heat the oven to 500F. Now follow these steps:
Sprinkle some flour on a dry surface and roll out the dough into whatever shape you like

Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the dough over the paper.
Drizzle the dough with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and poke it all over with a fork (last one not shown on the picture).
Bring into the oven and cook until crust is looking golden brown 
Take the pizza dough out of the oven and cover it with lots of dulce de leche
Finally top it with a generous amount of fresh blueberries


Ready to serve!





Comments

  1. I love dessert pizza! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - love this ... looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I love dulche de leche.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wilberetta RobinsonJanuary 4, 2013 at 4:22 PM

    Sounds good, must try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good, my mouth is watering. I wish I had stumbled across this when blueberries were still in season. I bet it just doesn't taste the same with frozen ones. =[ Bookmarking to come back to in about 9 months. I just hope I remember by then!
    www.PrintableCouponsandDeals.com has tons of great coupons that could be used in this or other recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for such a mouthwatering dessert. I tried and it came out well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!