Succulent Roasted Chicken Thighs

This recipe is my version of the chicken I grew up eating in Brazil. It's nice to see my kids enjoying it so much now!


This chicken makes both the adults and kids in my family very happy. No wonder it is a staple at our dinner table. Marinating the chicken guarantees lots of flavor, while the cooking method makes for a very juicy piece of meat!


You can serve it hot right out of the oven, and you can also save leftovers to make a sandwich or salad the next day!




Succulent Roasted Chicken Thighs


Ingredients


1 package of skinless and boneless chicken thigh (4 thighs)
3 large garlic cloves, smashed* or crushed
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon of dried herbs (I used Italian Seasoning. Dried Thyme goes really well also)
3/4 of a teaspoon of kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
3/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons of butter
optional: cayenne pepper (it adds a great kick to this chicken. I left it out this time because I made it for my kids dinner and they are not big fans of pepper:))


Preparation


Rinse the chicken thighs, pat them dry, and place them in a bowl. Add all the other ingredients to the same bowl, mix it all together, cover with plastic wrap, and allow it to marinate inside the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour or up to 8 eight hours.



*I like to smash garlic with the help of mortar and pestle. That brings out so much more flavor than just chopping or crushing it. Here is what I do:






Roasting


Preheat the over to 400F. Place the chicken on a baking dish, add 3/4 cup of chicken broth, and 1/2 tbs of butter on top of each thigh. Cover it tightly with heavy duty aluminum foil and bring into the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the aluminium foil and cook it for another 40 minutes or until the chicken looks golden in color.





Do not discard the pan juices!! Drizzle it over the chicken and serve! 




Comments

  1. Hi Paula - Emily sent me the link to your blog and I made this recipe tonight. It was delicious! This will definitely become part of the repertoire! Thanks! John Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey John!! I am glad you tried it! I just love this chicken and the kids do too! Thanks! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mouth watering dish,delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!