Pinkalicious - Orange and Beet Juice

 
The other day my daughter told me that she can see Brazil from our house in Minnesota. When I asked her how that was possible, she said: "I can see all the way to Brazil because I eat carrots". 


It just amazes me how far us adults will go to convince our kids to eat vegetables, and how it actually works! My parents were experts at that - I got my green eyes from broccoli, my skin complexion from carrots, my rosy cheeks from beets. Forget about genotype, we are what we eat, right? 


Although it was not Mr. Broccoli who made my eyes green, a lot of good comes from those true lies. And that is why I want to share this juice recipe with you. 


This has to be the easiest way to get you and your kids to take advantage of the wonderful nutritional properties of beet roots. I used to have it for breakfast when I was a kid, and I still love it today.


My daughter helped me make the juice, and after drinking a full glass of it  she named it "Pinkalicious". Do I need to say more? 


Orange Beet juice has a delicate and sweet flavor.



Orange and Beet Juice


Ingredients:
2 cups of cold orange juice (freshly squeezed or store bought)
1 small beet, peeled and chopped
optional: granulated sugar and orange zest for rimming the glass


Preparation:
Place orange juice and beet into a blender and work it until you can barely see  pieces of beet. Strain the juice and serve.


Beets have anti cancerous properties, lots of iron and folic acid. It also helps your body to eliminate toxins and with digestive function. Those are just some of its benefits.
You will need 1 small beet, peeled and chopped
Blend it with 2 cups of orange juice
You will need to strain the juice.

Orange-sugar rimmed glass:
 On a small plate zest orange over granulated sugar. Mix it together with using your fingers.
Fill a second plate with water. Dab the rim of the cup into the water and then dab it into the orange zest and sugar mixture 
 Serve and have a happy Monday!






Comments