Loving Right Now - Box Wine for Cooking

I enjoy cooking with wine. Sometimes, just a splash of it can completely change a meal. A lot of wine can produce the most amazing braises. Today I want to share with you what I think it is the most practical and economic way of always having cooking wine in hands without having to open a new bottle everyday - box wine. It is affordable, it keeps well without any efforts from your part, and it is easy to pour. I couldn't recommend it more.

Here are mine, strategically located:


These are the two brands I have tried. They each cost around $12 - $14 dollars for 5 liters! 



Of course you can splurge on a more refined bottle (or box) of wine when cooking a special meal to a guest of honor. But for most days, these are life savers!


Some recipes that ask for cooking wine:
Bolognese Sauce
Squid Salad
Best Wild Rice Ever
Brussels Sprouts and Wild Mushrooms with Cream

Comments